Have sore throat and mild fever. Suggest some medicatine

Average

Psychiatrist
Question
having a sore throat along with minute fever.....Please suggest any strong medicine....
Posted Sat, 9 Mar 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 2 hours later
Hello
Thanks for your query. Sore throat with mild fever is usually an indicator of viral infection though bacterial infection can also present similarly. Goggle using salt water and drink plenty of hot fluids. I would suggest taking azithromycin tablet 500 mg for 4 days prior to breakfast trade names azithral etc. Samahan jis a herbal remedy that can be mixed in hot water once a day and consumed.
Dr Sundar

Follow-up: Have sore throat and mild fever. Suggest some medicatine 7 minutes later
Dear Doctoe thanks for the answer.However I wanted a homeopath medicine....

Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 23 minutes later
Hello
As far as I know aconitum 30c one pellet thrice a day is the homeopathic drug usually prescribed for sore throat.
Dr Sundar