Have sore throat after unprotected oral sex. Should I be worried about STD?

I gave unprotected oral sex to a guy 4 days ago,it was only a few minutes, he never fully ejaculated. now i have a bad sore throat with a bump on my left tonsil. should i be worried about STDs?
Posted Tue, 4 Dec 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 2 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

Yes, STIs can be transmitted during unprotected oral sex. Oral sex is a much lower risk activity than intercourse, but there's still a possibility for transmission. Not using a condom, dental dam, or other barrier puts both partners at risk. This means that performing and receiving oral sex puts you at risk.

If you have an oral STI infection, you might experience a sore throat, tonsillitis, oral lesions, or cold sores. However, many oral STI cases are asymptomatic. If your partner is diagnosed with an STI, you should see a medical provider to be tested and possibly treated.

What you have might be totally unrelated to your oral sex and might be simple sore throat but it is difficult to exactly diagnose without having properly examining and investigating it so i advice you to see the physician for exact diagnosis and treatment. Meanwhile i advice you to do salt water gargling / gargling using some antiseptic solution, but do consult physician.

Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.