Have sore testicle. Diagnosed with epididymo orchitis. Getting pain in abdomen and leg. Relief?

Hi Im a 48 year old man ,I have been having trouble with sore testicles the doctor said it was Epididymo-Orchitis but the Urine test came back ok but this was 5 weeks now and they are still tender ,The doctor sent me to hospital for an ultra sound and that came back ok, Now I am getting a lot of pain on my left side of my stomach beside my hip and is sore to touch also on the right and I have this shooting pain going up my leg Please help
Posted Wed, 17 Apr 2013 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 2 hours later
The epididymo orchitis is a reasonable diagnosis in such cases but by this time it should have been okay which is not the case.
The pain in the testes might be a referred pain due to genitourinary stones or some infection in the abdomen.
Some times tuberculosis of genitourinary system can manifest like this. Abdomen pain may be related to the common cause say a renal calculus.
The hip problem is not likely related to this problem.
You should get a detailed physical examination by a local clinician and get the Urine test and abdominal ultrasound repeated and also get complete blood counts, CRP and the ESR tests done to get a better insight into the problem.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have any follow up queries or doubts, you can forward them for me, and I shall be glad to help you.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.