Have sore spots on scalp. Will it be cured by betamouse?

will an application of betamouse clear the sore spots that are on my scalp/
Posted Sun, 2 Dec 2012 in Psoriasis
Answered by Dr. Stephen Christensen 3 hours later
Hello. Welcome to Healthcare Magic. I'm Dr. Christensen.

It usually isn't possible to diagnose a skin disorder without an examination. However, I see you posted your question in the "Psoriasis" category, so I'm presuming you've already been diagnosed with this condition. If so, you probably know that psoriasis frequently involves the scalp, and topical corticosteroids such as Bettamousse (betamethasone) are often used to treat psoriasis of the scalp.

If that describes your situation, a trial of Bettamousse for the sores on your scalp is reasonable. However, if your condition doesn't improve within one week -- or if you have not been diagnosed yet -- see your physician to identify the cause of your symptoms and discuss your treatment options.

I hope that helps. I'll be available if you have additional questions.
Follow-up: Have sore spots on scalp. Will it be cured by betamouse? 11 hours later
Thanks Doctor for Your kind reply.
Answered by Dr. Stephen Christensen 6 hours later
You're most welcome.

If you have no further follow-ups, please close this discussion.