Have sore spot in nose and bleeds when blow nose. Applied hydrogen peroxide. Treatment?

hey i have a sore spot in my nose and i dont know how i got it and i didnt really see the sore spot until today. it has been sore for a while and it bleeds when i go to blow my nose when it is congested. do u know what could have possibly caused that and what meds i can put on it? i have been putting hydrogen peroxide on it to and my mom said that was safe. do think there is anything diffrent i could be doing and if i need to see a doctor?
Posted Thu, 3 Oct 2013 in Erectile Dysfunction
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Should not apply hydrogen peroxide

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.
The sore spot you are stating is an infectious focus and will need proper treatment with anti-biotic. It bleeds cause the place is inflamed.
Hydrogen peroxide is a strong chemical to clean the wound which are not approachable and in superficial wounds will impede normal healing. It should never be applied. Normally in my clinic i prescribe amoxycilline 500mg three times a day for my patients. You should consider visiting your GP who can give your a prescription for the same after examining you.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,
Kind regards
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.