Have sore ribs, dry cough and RA. X-ray showed scar tissue and nodules on lungs. What to do?

Pulmonologist
Question
AFTER 2 CHEST XRAYS I WAS TOLD BY PHONE BY MY DR THAT I HAVE SCAR TISSUE AND NODULES ON RIGHT LUNG. SINCE THEN I HAVE GONE FOR CT SCAN OF LUNGS. MY DR AWAY UNABLE TO GET RESULTS. VERY CONCERNED. VERY SORE RIBS AND LUNGS, DRY COUGH, CHOCKING. I HAVE RHEUMATROID ARTH AS WELL AS FYBROMALGIA. HELP. PAULINE
Posted Sun, 8 Dec 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders

Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: Lung involvement could be due to RA Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting the query on XXXXXXX After going through the query, I would like to comment the following: 1. The fibrosis (scar tissue) and nodules in right lung could be due to Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) involvement or due to some old healed respiratory infection. 2. CT scan report well help us delineate the xact nature of the lesion. 3. For the current chest pain, you require to take an analgesic antiinflammatory (NSAID) medication like Tb. diclofenac sodium 50 mg thrice daily orally along with Tb ranitidine 150 mg orally (empty stomach) twice daily in consultation with your family physiscian. If you are having dry cough with choking sensation, you need to immediately visit the available doctor in your vicinity and get yourself clinically examined. There could be assciated secondary infection/ bronchospasm which might need medications accordingly. 4. Also get measured your lung functions with help of a pulmonary function test. 5. A detailed clinical evaluation by a pulmonologist will definitely help. I hope I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer follow up queries if any. Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries. Regards Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra MBBS MD DNB Consultant Pulmonologist