Have sore ribs. Could this be an indication of any type of heart disease?

Jul 2012

My ribs have been sore directly above my heart. Could this be an indication of any type of heart disease? There has been no instances that I can think of that would have led to bruised ribs.
Posted Tue, 13 Nov 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 1 hour later
Hi there.
Young man. I dont think you have anything to worry as regards your heart!
If my guess is right & have been a doctor for more thatn 20 years, it is most likely a cutaneous (skin) or muscular issue.
It is more likely than not an intercostal muscule or subcurtaneous issue that will get sorted out with rest to the region & a small antiniflammatory dose (ibuprofen 400mg three times daily).
Good Luck & Take care...wish you continued Good Health!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD