Have sore patch on face after exposure to sun. Had severe agoraphobia. What can be done?

I need to chat with a specalized dermatologist please, I have a sore red patch on my face after exposure to sunshine on monday. It had made an appearance a couple of weeks earlier, again after sun exposure. I can provide pictures, I am fair skinned and hadn't been out for over 20 yrs due to severe agoraphobia, I stopped by and chatted with a neighbour for 1 1/4 hours on monday and got sunburnt. I am worried in case it's melanoma and it's sore, I don't know what to put on my face or whether I should refrain from exposing my face to further sunshine or uva/uvb rays on a duller day. Advise most welcome please. Many Thanks in advance. North Wales UK.
Posted Mon, 1 Jul 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 31 minutes later
Melanoma cannot appear in just one exposure to sun and just in one day.
Its a cancer and develops slowly.
Dont worry its just a sunburn.

Apply a mild steroid cream like hydrocortisone.
This will control the inflammation.
In day you must use a sunscreen even when you are in the home, as your skin is sensitive now.
It may react to even artificial sources of light.

Let me know if you have any doubts.
Thank you