Have sore on the foot. Remedy?

Yes i have a sore on the side of my foot that won't go away

Posted Thu, 7 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Needs to be addressed

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this sore that won't just go away. I can understand how frustrating this can be especially when it comes to foot wears.

Please, I would suggest that you upload a a picture for a closer appraisal. Also, can you please fill the section on age, gender, medical history, medications, etc to give us an idea on what could be the predisposing factors for this?

This said, every sore that doesn't go away easily has to be properly addressed. First, we need to make sure we are taking good measures to address this. For example, if it is a wound, then appropriate wound care which may include dressings, antibiotics, antiseptics, etc are being offered. Also, local factors that may prevent healing like humid conditions, always wearing covered shoes or tight fitting shoes, etc must be equally addressed.

Beyond this, other factors like diabetes and poorly controlled diabetes can prevent sore from healing and this maybe an opportunity to investigate for diabetes.

In all, you would need a detailed exam and appropriate management which take into account predisposing factors and correctly addresses them while providing basic care to the sores. Your primary care doctor should be a good person to start with.

I hope this helps an provides guidance. Thank you for using our services and feel free to ask for clarifications. I wish you well.
Dr. Ditah, MD