Have sore neck, burning sensation and feeling dizzy while standing. Tested normal for thyroid. Any ideas?

I have a sore neck and get dizzy when I stand up, lie down, look up or down.
I am always burning up. I take estrogen for 12 years now. I get really red and sweat buckets when I do the slightest things. I have been tested for thyroid - all normal. I take high blood pressure meds for 5 years. Had an AHA test - was not normal - but don`t know why. I can`t take the burning heat I feel - it is ruining my life!!
Posted Fri, 2 Nov 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 2 hours later

The symptoms you have mentioned commonly arises due to conditions like hyperthyroidism which you already had test and is normal, diabetes which can easily be ruled out by a simple test blood sugar random and a third condition which you are most probably having is the post menopausal syndrome. It commonly occurs from 44 to 55 years and results either due to stopping of the menstruation of surgical hysterectomy.

The main reason is the complete deficiency of the progesterone and hence the imbalance of progesterone and oestrogen. The symptoms include general feelings of being unwell, hot flushes, bleeding or vaginal discharge, night sweats, joints pains and several other symptoms different for different patients.

The post menopausal syndrome responds well to recommended to consult your gynaecologist and recheck on your oestrogen dosage.

If you still have some query, feel free to ask.