Have sore muscles all over my body. On medication. What is the cause and cure?

i often have sore muscles ( all over my body )& i can feel my blood flow pushing at pressure through out my body .I sometimes alot recently get cramp in my hands and arms during the day .I sometimes wake at night with bad leg cramps.I am a 54 yo man & work as a painter,often on small step ladder or scaffold.I have checked my blood pressure at home and vary from 145/92 ( 64 heart rate ) to 169/94 ( 70 heart rate ).I regular take multi vitamins,vit c ,magnesium citrate ,ginko ,glucosamine,msm & chondroitin,cayenne extra hot.I often wake in the morning with stiff muscles ( alot better in the summer when its warm ).I find that often i get home from work & laydown on the bed for 20/30 minutes my throbbing muscles relax alot & i have more energy.
Posted Fri, 21 Dec 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 hours later
I have gone through your problem and would do my best to address it.
There can be various causes for muscle soreness and these can be external causes or XXXXXXX causes.
Since external causes are related to high level of vigorous physical activity,I am ruling it out,however your profession of painting may be a cause as you are standing or sitting for a considerable length of time in an awkward position.

Internal factors could be due to hypothyroidism,diabetes,deficiency of Vit D and calcium,dehydration resulting in deficiency of potassium,depression etc.
Since you are taking multivitamins regularly,I am ruling out B 12 deficiency,although this may be a cause for soreness.
Chronic alcoholism may also cause this.

I would advise you to get tested for above mentioned causes.
Hydrate yourself well and keep changing your postures during your work.

If nothing comes out in this,you may have to consult a doctor and get tested for other causes like dermatomyositis,polymyositis,rheumatoid arthritis etc.

I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck