Have sore muscle in groin, redness on penis tip, scrotum and anus. What is the disease called?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2013
Jan 2013

Question
Hello, I'm a 31 year old male. I have some redness at the very tip of my penis and on the tip of my foreskin, this has been there for about 3 months, It doesn't hurt or itch just becomes tender after sex. When this first started, I also had no pressure when peeing, and sore muscles in my groin. It got very red and sore, then pretty much went away, but it is still not completely gone and now I also have some redness between my anus and scotum that burns. My wife did change laundry soap just as this started, but has since switched back. I have not had sex with anyone but my wife for the last 8 years. So I really didn't worry about it, but it just won't go away. I do appointment with my dr but not for another 2 weeks. Any help is appreciated!! Thx
Posted Tue, 12 Mar 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 46 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

Let me know the associated symptoms along with mentioned.
Do you have fever/ burning sensation during urination/ frequent urination/ smelly and purulent discharge from urinary site?
Do you have past history of injury?

With the available described symptoms, there appears to be possibility of prostatitis (inflammation of prostate) with involvement of glans penis (tips of penis).
Presence of pain in between anus and scrotum (site of prostate) suggest the diagnosis.
Although you have mentioned that you are prone to yeast infections but candidiasis is associated with severe itching (missing in your case), so possibility of yeast infection is least.
There may also be possibility of recurrent injury at tip of penis (during sex) by stretching of foreskin at the tip of glans penis.
As you are monogamous, there appears to be least chances of sexually transmitted disease.

You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist/ dermatologist and should go for thorough check up.
You should go for KOH mount preparation for yeast (to rule out any possibility).
You should also go for ultrasound imaging of scrotum and post scrotal area , urine routine microscopy and culture & sensitivity.

You should avoid sex for coming days and apply antifungal ointment (as fungal infections are common in this region although I have defined that there is least chances).

Hope that helps.
Let me know your other query.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava