Ask a Urologist   »  

Have sore and pink penis tip, hurts to touch. No problem in urinating. Suggest?

Hi, This is with regards to sore penis tip. Since two days I notice a soreness/pinkish color on tip of my penis. Little pain when I touch it. I have no problems to urinate but, this sorness is a bit of concern. Could yo please let me know the solution.
Posted Fri, 4 Oct 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It could be an infection

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using health care magic for posting your query.
I have gone through your question and I can understand your concerns.
I would need some clarifications to be of help to you
1. Did you have any unprotected intercourse recently?
2. Did you apply any new cream or local lubricant
3.any known medical issues?
Hope to hear from you soon.
Dr. Srikanth
Follow-up: Have sore and pink penis tip, hurts to touch. No problem in urinating. Suggest? 37 minutes later

No I did not had intercourse. I did not apply any cream or lubricant.
After bath I just use bath and body works lotion. I do not have any known medical issues.
This is first time ever I came across such situation.
This thing occurred after masturbating after few months.
I thought maybe the skin got pulled.

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Infection it is

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. I have gone through the uploaded pictures as well and that was very helpful
The redness that you have shown in the picture along with the statement that it is slightly tender suggests that it is an infection. Now the infection can occur due to many causes and it seems to be bacterial in cause. You need to complete a course of antibiotic such a cefexime.
Other possibility is that it could be a fungal infection and then you would be requiring a anti-fungal agent. But first a antibiotic course should be on its ways.
Secondly your foreskin doesnt seem to go across the ridge of the glans and this condition is called phimosis and predisposes you ton infection. May be you can consult a surgeon who can help you with this condition.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,
Kind regards
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.