Have sore and painful legs and pain coming up to hands and lower back pain. Suggest?

Question
i have sore legs or pains in my legs most days sometimes i get this soreness that my skin is even sore to touch and when i have this it travels from my legs to my arm into my hand only on the left side but goes away with in a week but if i have to stand for a long time i get very sore legs from my thigh right down to my feet and lower back pain
Posted Wed, 4 Sep 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Jose Ignacio Artero Munoz 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Herniated disc?

Detailed Answer:
Hello.

Delighted to be able to help.

The pain that you have from the legs to the feet is just ahead or too from behind. A pain in the lower back area, behind the leg to the feet, herniated disc is a possible diagnosis. What is your age? How long have you have back pain and leg? You feel numb feet? Have you taken any drug for pain?

Please revert back with the details, so that I can give you a more detailed opinion.

Follow-up: Have sore and painful legs and pain coming up to hands and lower back pain. Suggest? 24 hours later
about 3 years but it has got worse i would also get sore legs when my period is due and during i am 42 yrs

Answered by Dr. Jose Ignacio Artero Munoz 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Herniated disc

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Delighted to be able to help.
A pain in the lower back and radiating down the leg to the foot, herniated disc is a possible diagnosis. If you have tenderness after touch skin, is another symptom of a herniated disk. It means that herniated disc can be irritating nearby nerve.

To confirm the diagnosis it is necessary to make lower back MRI.
The pain in the hand and arm is not related to this pathology.
Tramadol 50 mg thrice a day is commonly used for relieve pain.
Please go to your doctor for a prescription and to request lower back MRI.
I Hope I have answered your query. If you don't have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and, please, don’t forget to evaluate my answer.

I wish you good health.