Have some shoulder pain and chest pain. Cause and treatment?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Hi have some shoulder pain and chest pain not bad just niggling
Posted Mon, 19 Aug 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 50 minutes later

Before I answer your query, I need some more information on your symptoms to arrive at a possible diagnosis. Please answer the below questions -

* Please clearly elaborate your symptoms
* what is the duration of your symptoms?(from how much time you feel these pain)
* Is pain diffuse in nature and is felt over the entire chest wall or can be localized to a finger tip?
* Is it made worse by exertion or emotion or relieved by rest ?
* Are your symptoms present throughout the day or related to only any particular movements
* Are you taking any medications right now for any other health issues?
* Any history of trauma or injury.

Awaiting your reply....

Follow-up: Have some shoulder pain and chest pain. Cause and treatment? 2 hours later
It's better in morning after rest feels like heart burn but bad heart burn.. Coming out through my back down the shoulder no medicines or traumas being very stressed this week
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later
Hi ,
Thanks for writing back

Pain you have seems to be due to stress and muscle spasm.
Do some stretching exercises to relive the spasm.Hot compresses will be useful pain relieving measure. You may apply a local analgesic gel on that area.
Do not take too much stress. Do some relaxation exercises like yoga, meditation, etc.
Take some antacid tablets for heartburn after discussing with your doctor. Drink plenty of fluids.

I hope this will helps you.
If you have any other query let me know. If there is no further query, please close the discussion and give your review about this service.