Have some acidity problem which affect chest internally. Suggest?

i have some acidity problem whic affect on my chest internally from last 1 year daily 2 times in day
Posted Wed, 18 Sep 2013 in GERD
Answered by Dr. Prasad 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Try proton pump inhibitor.

Detailed Answer:

If what you have is indeed hyperacidity, then you will benefit by using proton pump inhibitor drugs. I suggest pantoprazole 40mg once a day tablets for 2 weeks to my patients with hyperacidity. I also suggest them to take it before food and to avoid high spicy food and beverages.

In addition, I also urge them to exercise and maintain proper weight. A proper life style is essential to keep this problem away.

Lastly, if the symptoms repeat, I advice them to visit a gastroenterologist. He/she can plan an endoscopy to rule out hiatus hernia as well H.pylori infection.

You should discuss about this plan of action with your local doctor and start them if they feel it is appropriate. In the meanwhile, you can take antacid syrup such as Syp Mucaine gel 5ml thrice a day before food.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.