Have soft tissue damage in pelvis. How long will it take to heal?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I have soft tissue damage in my pelvis. I think it occurred before and didn't heal properly. Anyway it has been two weeks and just when I think it will subside it flairs up if I do anything. What can I do to help it along and how long will it take to get better. I can only see a physio on Wednesday this coming week.
Posted Sat, 7 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Do muscle strengthening exercises. Detailed Answer: Hi, Soft tissue injury over your pelvis take 2-3 weeks to heal. Now after 2 weeks you need muscle strengthening exercises to regain the strength of pelvis which help you in proper recovery. Meanwhile you can take anti-inflammatory drug like ibuprofen for pain and inflammation. Doing hot fomatation and applying muscle relaxant gel will be helpful. Hope this will help you. Let me know if you have any more concerns. Wishing you speedy recovery. Regards.
Follow-up: Have soft tissue damage in pelvis. How long will it take to heal? 2 hours later
that was no help at all. what are muscle strengthening exercises? it has not taken 2 to 3 weeks to heal as I am experiencing pain when I do something
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 11 hours later
Brief Answer: MRI to see the extent of injury. Detailed Answer: Muscle strengthening exercises are performed to help you improve the function of your muscles. The goal is to improve strength, increase endurance and maintain or improve range of motion. These can be better taught by your physiotherapist. If the pain is persist even after 3 weeks , I suggest you to go for MRI to see the extent of injury after consulting your doctor.