Have soft movable lump on thigh, forearm and back. Should I be worried about lymphoma?

Sep 2012

I have a soft lump(small marble size) on thigh and a multiple lump in my forearm and one on my back. I was thinking it as a lymphoma. No pain.

But recently I started feeling some little moving sensation near thigh lump (like some blood flow sensation).

I'm wondering what kind of physician I have to visit to get further treatment/ confirmation.
Posted Thu, 6 Dec 2012 in Lymphoma
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 23 minutes later
Thank you for posting your query.

Firstly, you have to be examined thoroughly for
1.     Exact locations of the lumps.
2.     Size, shape.
3.     Consistency.
4.     Mobility,
5.     Associated skin changes.
6.     Tenderness.

After examining, it can be definitely said about its character.

But, from your description, it sound more towards possibility of a Neurofibroma. It is most probably not a lymphoma. Because, in that case, lump should be present where lymph nodes generally situated like neck, axilla, inguinal region etc.

You can consult with a general surgeon for this.

Most useful investigation is Fine needle aspiration cytology. It is simple, outpatient basis, and more or less diagnostic.

So, you should consult with a general surgeon for a thorough clinical examination, ordering FNAC, and for further management accordingly. It is simple, outpatient basis, and more or less diagnostic.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.