Have soft area on head. Having headache. What can this be?

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist
I have a soft area on my head that is on my right side, towards the back of my headache just right before it begins sloping towards the neck. It does not hurt but is raised. I am having some sinus issued possibly allergies. I have headaches but neverr back in that area. Thoughts......
Posted Mon, 30 Sep 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 20 minutes later
Thank you for using Healthcare Magic.
This may be a sebaceous cyst or a lipoma.
Neither is serious. A sebaceous cyst may become infected but if it is small an not causing any problem to you, it can be left alone. A lipoma is a fatty lump and, again, if not causing you any problem can be left.
If you are bothered by the swelling, a small surgical procedure under local anesthesia can be carried out to remove it.
I hope this helps. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Dr K A Pottinger,