Have so many moles on body even on ears, lips and foot. Underlying cause??

Dec 2013

Why are there so many moles on my body and I have it everywhere even in my ears, lips and foot.
Posted Fri, 19 Jul 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 1 hour later

Welcome and thanks for posting your query to XXXXXXX

I can understand your concern for the moles all over the body. It is really distressing for anyone to have so many moles on the body.

To tell you scientifically and medially regarding moles- We have with us the cells known as melanocytes in the skin which gives color to the skin. At some places these are naturally and genetically more in number. At these places these proliferates inside the skin and forms the moles. It may appear any time after birth and is more common in people with white skin.

Generally these are not having any symptom and are seen as cosmetic problem only but some times these can be seen with caution. There are certain specific feature which should be known to you :

1. If you feel any itching or burning or pain in any mole.
2. Any kind irregular borders in your mole.
3. Any variegated (different) colors you observed in your mole.

So, above points should always be checked and if find something like that or anything unusual then immediately should report to the doctor.

Generally these can be removed on medial or cosmetic reason which is quite simple procedure.

Overall you should know that moles are simple genetical thing present in everyone but only varying in number and size from person to person.

I hope these information's will help you. If you have further queries I will be happy to help.

"Wish you good health"

Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia
MD (Dermatology and Sexually Transmitted Diseases)