Have snoring problem and foaming mouth at night. What treatment is required?

Psychiatrist
Question
I pass the whole night foamming
Posted Thu, 4 Apr 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 28 minutes later
Hello.......
Thanks for your query. Can you clarify what is foamming.
Dr Sundar

Follow-up: Have snoring problem and foaming mouth at night. What treatment is required? 24 minutes later
Hello doctor , by foaming wanted to said a lot of heavy foam from my mouth, every night I
Snore a lot also...

Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 9 hours later
Hello........
Thanks for your query. What you describe are features of OSA/Obstructive sleep apnoea. I would suggest you undergo an ENT evaluation initially. It requires a comprehensive management by psychiatrist, neurologist and ENT physician. The usual treatment options are CPAP/continous positive airway pressure and as a last resort a surgery called as uvulopalatopharngoplasty. Do clarify further if required.
Dr Sundar