Have smelly feet. Prescribe medication

I am having Smelly Feet.
Can You please prescribe a spray/medication available in the medical store for the same...
Posted Wed, 21 Aug 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Kappan 1 hour later

I understand the difficulty you are going through.

Odor-X spray from Dr. Scholl's is a commonly used foot spray. Other than this, you can use any anti-perspirants which you commonly use under-arm.

The smell can be due to excessive sweating or fungal infections which leaves a moisture inside the worn shoes. So, first thing is to rue out if any fungal infection is present. Get them examined by a doctor.

There are few other tips which would help you to counter this issue. If you strictly follow them regularly, within one or two weeks you can get rid of the problem.

- Wear only cotton or woolen socks.
- Change them daily.
- Keep two pairs of shoes, so that you can alternate between them daily.
- Wash your foot twice a day with antibacterial soap such as Dettol or Hibiscrub.
- Wear socks only after your feet is completely dry.
- Use only leather or canvas shows rather than rexin based shoes.
- You can also try drying your shoes regularly in sunlight.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if I can help you further.