Ask a Urologist   »  

Have small wound on penis inner layer mostly when masturbated and blood comes when erect. Suggest?

their is small wound on my pennis innner layer mostly it happened when i mastrubated. can you guide me how to cure the same and after this i am not mastrubating but from the would drop of blood has came and also when my pennis errects a drop of blood will come from the wound because i will clean my pennis daily by sliding the outer layer skin back that time pennis will errect and the blood comes from the wound.
Posted Thu, 1 Aug 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Anjana Rao Kavoor 32 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.

From your history and accompanying picture, it looks like there is a very small cut in your penis. As you have said that it happened during masturbation, please be careful next time.

The head of the penis is a very vascular organ and when excited, it gets a XXXXXXX blood supply due to excitation. This is the reason you are have few drops of blood when the penis is erect (while you are cleaning it).

You can apply neosporin ointment (available in pharmacy shop) to the cut which will prevent infection. Please avoid masturbation for ten days.

If the bleeding is too much or the wound is not healing an a week's time, please consult a surgeon.

Hope your query is answered
Further questions welcome.

Dr A. Rao Kavoor
Follow-up: Have small wound on penis inner layer mostly when masturbated and blood comes when erect. Suggest? 32 minutes later
wats the solution for which the pennis should not errect bcz when their is errection only blood comes other wise nothing no pain/hicthing etc. can me help me that for 10 days or till the wound clears my pennis should not errect
Answered by Dr. Anjana Rao Kavoor 3 hours later

Thanks for writing back,

I’m glad you found my previous answer useful,

I once again want to reassure you that a small wound that developed during masturbation is nothing to worry about, it is a temporary problem.

Avoiding erection for days is quite difficult. You can try distraction techniques if it works for you. Distracting yourself to non-sexual thoughts. Apart from that let it heal and try to minimize handling the wound as much as possible. The cut will seal itself.

You may apply an ice pack gently for less than 5-10 minutes each time. It reduces bleeding and the pain. But be gentle and do not apply it for long.

If you have experienced problems with bleeding earlier or in other parts of your body where it took unusually long to stop bleeding, in that case you may have to get a few blood tests done by a physician.

If you are careful enough the wound will heal itself in about 3 days. You could post back in three days and update me on your problem.

I hope this answers your question,
Write back in case of any doubts,
Dr. A. Rao. Kavoor.