Have small white bumps on the inside of lower eyelid with redness and sore. Suggest?

Yes, thank you. I have two small white bumps on the inside of my right lower eyelid. Lots of redness and sore. Can this be a virus>? Do I need antibacterial drops?
Posted Wed, 2 Oct 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 11 hours later
My Dear,
Thanks for sending your query to us.
These white nodules on the inside of the eyelid is the making of a chalazion.
In the begining it is helped by warm compresses,where you give hot foamentation by a warm cloth for about 5 mts. twice a day .
Along with this antibiotic eye ointment ,applied at bed time for a2 weeks is also helpful.Ointments are better than eye drops as drops do not reach the lid margin and have shorter duration of action.
In case of any further query in this regard please do get back to me.