Have small white bump on labia minora with black spot in it. No STD and pap test normal. Advise?

Hi, I have just noticed tonight that I have a small, whitish in color, scab-like bump on my labia minora that is about 1/2 an inch above the hood of my clitoris. There was also a very small (speck) black spot in it as well. There is no pain associated, and other than having severe anxiety because of this issue, I don't have any health concerns. I am 29 YO female who has never tested positive for any STDs, or have had an abnormal pap smear. I am very concerned that this could be a wart or some other STD. Any ideas?
Posted Sun, 30 Jun 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 26 minutes later
Thanks for consulting us.
This is really nice to know that all your smear results were normal & you were always negative for STDs.
Actually when we do pap smear test we only screen the cervix for any abnormality. It has no or very little realation to the rest of the lower genital tract.
This is good that you have found out yourself that there is a lesion. My advice for you is to take an expert opinion by visiting a Gynecologist in person. Some lesions can be diagnosed by clinical inspection alone other need tests like biopsy & colposcopy.
This could be an infection ( e.g. fungal), any STD, inflamatory, pre-malignant or even malignant condition of the vulva. Please don't get scared as vulval cancer is extremely rare in your age group but evaluation is necessary to relieve anxiety.
Hope I have given you some helpful clues. Please write back if you want to discuss this further.
Wish you good health.
Follow-up: Have small white bump on labia minora with black spot in it. No STD and pap test normal. Advise? 6 minutes later
Thank you so much for your answer. Just a quick follow up. What do you think my chances are of having genital warts if I have been with the same partner for over 3 years and we have both never tested positive for any STD? Also, does the description seem like a wart to you? I am planning on visiting my OBGYN in the morning.
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 13 minutes later
You are welcome with all you questions.
I personally don't have a feeling that this is a wart but nothing can be said without clinical examination.
If you are sure that you both are negative for STDs then naturally your chances for having genital warts is lower as compared to those who test positive. But remember, warts are caused by a virus called HPV which is not usually tested while doing STD screening.
One more important point to remember is that this virus or infection may remain asymptomatic for years. That is a monogamous relationship of three years does not guarantee an absent past infection. So, better be careful & have evaluation as planned.
Best of luck.