Have small warts around neck and chest. Suggest some effective medicine for cure

I have a lot of small warts around my neck and chest. During pregnancy , the count was increased.I want some medicine which will help me in removing those as I feel bad about them.
Posted Mon, 4 Feb 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kruti 1 hour later

I will be glad to be of assistance.

The small warts that you refer to may be warts, skin tags or seborrheic keratosis.

There is no medicine which can be applied; they can be removed only by burning them off with the help of radiofrequency machine.

The procedure is done after application of a local anaesthetic cream which will make the procedure painless.

Hence I would recommend you visit a dermatologist for the same.

Please let me know if I can address any other concerns for you.

Follow-up: Have small warts around neck and chest. Suggest some effective medicine for cure 7 minutes later
Hello Dr,
Thanks for your response. Actually, I had those small warts/skin tags from my childhood. In my native place i used to take some homeopathy medicine (cant remember the name exactly, but something like "Thuja ointment"), and on appy of that on daily basis , that used to dry out that area and after some days it used to fall down. As i am not at my native place and hard to find oyt some good homeopathy at my current location, so i thought of querying here, so that docters can suggest me to take some medicine which will help in removing them from my skin.

Can you tell me the time and cost involved in the above procedure which you have suggested? Does the procedure gurantee that no new warts/skin tags will come up in that area after treatment is done?
Answered by Dr. Kruti 8 minutes later

Thanks for your reply.

Thuja does help in warts but the treatment may take very long to work.

Usually these lesions are treated with a procedure that I mentioned. It would take around half an hour for the procedure.

The cost varies according to the number of lesions and it depends on the treating doctor.

No treatment will guarantee that new lesions will not come.

Neither thuja nor radiofrequency.

Please let me know if you have any more queries.