Have small tissue hanging out from anal. Can touch it and it's not painful. Suggest?

Hi I am a 20 years old female. I have a small tissue hanging out from my anal. I can touch it and it's not painful. But it's bothering me...Please help
Posted Tue, 27 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 25 minutes later
Dear patient,

Thank you for your concerns. Without a picture it is difficult to say for sure a diagnosis, but by your description and the symptoms of hard stools I gather that most likely the littele cuts you suffered are anal fissures, and the little piece of tissue is likely an external hemorhoid, which is in enlarged vein due to pressure and constipation; the best treatment modality involves avoiding hard stools with plenty of fiber, fruits, vegetables, and water, and there are some topical anesthetics that can be used if the fissures are painful.

Truly yours,

Dr Brenes-Salazar MD
Mayo Clinic MN