Ask a Urologist   »  

Have small tear and swelling in foreskin. Hurts to urinate. What treatment should be done?

Urologist
Question
I have small tears in my foreskin and now it's swollen bad enough I can't pull skin back and when I urinate it hurts cause it gets in the tears
Posted Mon, 15 Oct 2012 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later
Hi
Thanks for your query to XXXXXXX
Tight foreskin can lead to tears and tears when heal can cause tighter foreskin.
Kindly check your blood sugar levels.
Kindly use liquid paraffin- meant for skin use or coconut oil to lubricate the area and gently try to retract after a day ot two.
Apply topical anti bacterial ointment over the tears at least twice a day.
Kindly refrain from penetrative intercourse till complete healing occurs.
If these do not help kindly take medical advice.
Hope this helps, take care.
DR GS

Follow-up: Have small tear and swelling in foreskin. Hurts to urinate. What treatment should be done? 38 hours later
So I went to my doctor yesterday and he gave me some antibiotics to take for seven days just wondering if it would be ok to put polysporine on it at night before I go to bed as well

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 7 hours later

Hope you are getting better.
You can use this antibiotic ointment even three times daily and of course at bed time.
Take care,

DR GS

Follow-up: Have small tear and swelling in foreskin. Hurts to urinate. What treatment should be done? 44 hours later
So how long will it take for the tears to heal in my foreskin as I can not retract it because I scared it will tear more but when I urinate it stings as the urine gets in the tears will this ever heal -and if so how long and is there anything I can do speed it up or lessen the pain when I urinate?

Welcome again.
Only those same things i had written in my first answer.
Kindly do not force retract.
If it is painful beyond a week, kindly take medical advice.

Take care,
DR GS