Have small red spots on the rim of penis. What could this be?

I have a very small pinkish red spot on the rim of my penis head about 2 millimeters a perfect square flat no pain.
Posted Mon, 27 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 1 hour later
This red spot could be due to number of causes like fungal infection, lichen planus, psoriasis, irritant dermatitis etc.
In dermatology no possibilities could be suggested without looking at the lesion. Hence please attach an image of the concerned area, so that I can help you in a better way.
Also I would like to know
Since how long is the lesion present
If it is itchy
If there is history of application of any soap, disinfectant like dettol etc

Kindly answer these questions too.
Hoping to hear from you soon.