Have small raised lump on shoulder blade. What could this be?

I have a small raised, stinging/sore, hard but somewhat spongy lump on/near my left shoulder blade. About the size of a nickel. It sometimes feels like it radiates heat. What could this be?
Posted Thu, 21 Feb 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 12 minutes later
Hello dear,
Hard but somewhat spongy lump is usually a sebaceous cyst.

This cyst is usually asymptomatic but sometimes there may be pain, itch or varying symptoms like as you mentioned, radiating heat.

I suggest you to XXXXXXX a dermatologist and get an accurate diagnosis.

If it turns out to be a sebaceous cyst, it can be easily excised by a small surgery.

Hope, I answered your query.

Feel free to ask, if you have any doubt.

Thank you.