Ask a Urologist   »  

Have small pimples on penis. No pain or itching. What could it be?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hi, I have what can be best described as 3 small pimples on my penis. The first appeared last Thursday, the other 2 I noticed today. They do not hurt unless I try to break them, and they are not otherwise painful or itchy. Is that what these are, pimples? I have included a picture.
Posted Wed, 3 Apr 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
I have seen the image attached. The lesions that you described are likely to be pimples or blocked infected glands or folliculitis.
These are most commonly the result of superficial staphylococcus bacterial infection.
I would suggest you to stop popping those pimples right away, and keep the area clean. You could apply over the counter antiseptics like neosporin for a couple of days after bath, to see if the lesion gets any better. You can plan the next step later, in the event if it doesn't. Keep a vigil on the number of lesions. Go for a review if numbers are increasing steadily and worsening happens over the next few days.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.