Have small pimples on foreskin. How to remove this?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Dec 2013
Dec 2013
Excellent

Dermatologist
Question
I have 3 small pimples on the outside of the foreskin of my penis, 2 of them near the top and the third halfway down. They are not sore and do not itch. I wonder what they might be.
Posted Sat, 25 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX

Welcome and thanks for posting your query to Healthcare Magic. My self Dr S K Kanodia and will try to provide you the best of information regarding your query.

After reading your short history I can make out three possible diagnosis at the best:

1. Lichenoid eruption:A simple phenomenon of wear and tear of skin which actually becomes slightly raised due to touching or scratching or due to many reasons. It begins as very small bumps and then flatly enlarged.
2. Molluscum contagiosum: A simple viral infection caused by molluscum contagiosum virus which appears as pearl like and have central depression when fully formed.
3. Genital Warts: Again a simple viral infection manifest as verrucous (like multiple accuminate or thorn like) when full formed.

All of these are simple and treatable conditions but for the best possibility it would be very kind of you, if you can upload a close photograph of the region. Along with it kindly tell me briefly about
1. Since how long you are having these?
2. A close description of these pimple like thing ( size, shape and color)
3. Are you sexually active?

I hope you will not be bothered by my questions and my request of photo as I would like to give you the best of the suggestions and remedy for the problem.

Waiting for your information and further queries.
Dr Sanjay K Kanodia
MD (Dermatology & STD)

Follow-up: Have small pimples on foreskin. How to remove this? 2 hours later

I took a photo and am very frustrated that the copy and paste function isn't working. Of the 3 conditions named by you, it would seem to be the second, molluscum, going by the descriptions on wiki. I'm not generally sexually but I could have been in a situation where I got that.

Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 33 minutes later
Hi Mr. XXXXXXX

Welcome again.

Thank you so much for your prompt reply regarding the problem. Please don't be bothered if you are not able to upload photo at this time, our forum is any time ready to help you in any situation. You have a feature to upload the reports / image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that. Otherwise you can send as a mail attachment to YYYY@YYYY with the subject as 'ATTN: Dr. Sanjay Kanodia'.

Fine, if we go by your description which is closely matching up "Molluscum contagiosum" then you should not at all be worried about the same. As I already mentioned it is a simple viral infection which is very well treatable by simple "needling and extraction". This is a method in which by simple needle we puncture the area and extract out a whitish bead from inside which we call as needling and extraction. This is a simple office procedure and I would advice you to get it done from your nearest doctor.

The other point of advice to you is kindly don't scratch the area from your side as it can lead to spreading of this simple problem. Do maintain the habit of safe practice in every situation.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, I will be happy to help or if you do not have any clarifications you can close the discussion and rate the answer.
"Wish you good health"

Dr Sanjay K Kanodia (MD- Dermatology & STD)

Photo attached ..

Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 13 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

Welcome again.

After seeing the photograph thoroughly it appears to be consistent with my previous diagnosis of "Molluscum contagiosum".

I really appreciate your efforts taken to send the photo.You can XXXXXXX your general practitioner for further confirmation and treatment accordingly.

Wish you good health.

With Regards,
Dr Sanjay K Kanodia
(MD- Dermatology & STD)

Follow-up: Have small pimples on foreskin. How to remove this? 49 minutes later
Thanks. One final question. Instead of the needle treatment, would it be an option to let it clear up by itself?

Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 17 hours later
Hi Mr. XXXXXXX

Welcome again.

My deep apologies for replying you bit late, beg your pardon for the same sir.

Yes definitely there are options to get rid of the problem by self or by medical treatment. But it takes a long time to get self healing by body and there are chances of further spread if you by chance scratch them.

Medically it can be very well treated by applying salicylic acid (6% start up with and later if not responding then to 17%) or potassium hydroxide solution (KOH 10%) under medical supervision but it should be applied very carefully otherwise can cause irritation.

It is best to consult your local doctor for best available method and then can go for any of the above accordingly.

Wish you good health.
With Regards,
Dr Sanjay K Kanodia
(MD- Dermatology & STD)