Ask a Urologist   »  

Have small pimple like bump on penis head. Could it be genital warts?

i'm growing worry that i might have genital warts, i have a small pimple like bump on the head of my penis, i'm uncircumsised and sometimes a bit dirty down there, could this cause the bump? also, I was masturbating a lot right before i noticed the pimple like bump, and my hygiene isnt the best up until after the bump appeared.
Posted Wed, 13 Feb 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 2 hours later

The glans penis can present with a lot of worrisome features. It has a lot of crypts and dried smegma tends to accumulate on those crypts to form such pimples.

You should definitely maintain good hygiene, clean the area with water and clean soap twice daily. That is all that helps in just a week's time.

I assume that you are not practising unsafe intercourse and do not have burning sensation and pus or foul smelling discharge from the penis?

That ends my answer if you have further queries you are welcome to post.
Follow-up: Have small pimple like bump on penis head. Could it be genital warts? 3 hours later
After i noticed the bump on the head i started washing my penis with soap religiously, I then started getting a burning sensation while peeing, I'm not sure if it smells any different, possibly, but no pus discharge. I did recently have unsafe sex. could this be a std or a uti?
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 7 hours later
Yes there is a possibility of STD or UTI. You should better get tested at the local doctor. There is no point in delaying to understand the other reasons.

Let me know your follow up.