Have small piece of feces come out of rectum. Had colonoscopy. Have hemorrhoid removed. Would that be a problem?

Nephrologist
Question
I occasionally have a small piece of feces come out of rectum - behind a hemorrhoid. This is a new experience - however, I had a colonoscopy 1and a half years ago and have had terrible gas problems ever since. I have a friend who was a nurse and she suggested that possibly my bowel may have been punctured slightly. But what do I do now - have the hemorrhoid removed. Would that solve my problem?
Posted Sun, 17 Nov 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Fistula

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thanks for the query

It looks like you are having a recto anal fistula which is causing the current problem. Fistula is an abnormal connection between two epithelium.
What I suggest is to approach a surgeon for a quick examination and if it is a fistula then an elective operation called a fistulectomy (removal of the fistula). If it is not a fistula then definitely haeomorrhoidectomy will solve the issue

I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me

I wish you good health

Follow-up: Have small piece of feces come out of rectum. Had colonoscopy. Have hemorrhoid removed. Would that be a problem? 36 hours later
Thank you for your response - I will follow your suggestions.
XXXXXXX XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I am glad

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thanks for your reply

I wish you good health and a speedy recovery