Ask a Urologist   »  

Have small painless lump on the penis. What could it be?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have a small lump inside the middle of my penas not sure what it could be. no pain everything is normal Thanks
Posted Sat, 24 Nov 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
The small painless lump on the penis might be due to friction or fungal infection or a blocked gland.
Other possibilities are-
1.Dermatitis- caused by infections, allergies, and irritants (such as soaps, certain creams). Lesions are usually in the form of itchy small red bumps.
When become white headed, it may indicate a secondary bacterial infection and formation of pus.
2.Herpes simplex - Genital herpes is a very common disease caused by herpes virus type2. It results in small bumps, genital irritation, itching, they burst into the sores turns into crust, that scab
and heal in about 3 weeks.
Direct clinical examination is essential to rule out the above conditions.
Such lump can be due to a harmless blocked gland which remains as it is without getting infected and does not need treatment.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.