Have small movable lump under collarbone. Should I consult a doctor?

Oncologist, Surgical
I have a small (smaller than dime) movable lump under right right collarbone close to where the collarbone meets the sternum. It's been there a few months now with no changes in size. No accompanying pain.

I had full physical a year ago with all results coming back normal then. Have not been to a doctor since I noticed it.

Bit of hypochondriac and not sure if Im just paranoid or if this needs attention.
Posted Thu, 21 Mar 2013 in Colon Cancer
Answered by Dr. K. Harish 40 minutes later

According to you, the lump is present for the past few months. I suppose this was not present in your previous examination a year ago.

The lump may not be cancerous. However, it needs to be evaluated by a doctor/family physician. After examination he/she may advise you a chest x-ray/fine needle aspiration if they have any suspicion of tumor.

If they feel it is a tumor of fat (Lipoma), they may even not ask for any test.

Based on your description, I feel it could be some Benign/non malignant lesion. Please do get it evaluated by your doctor with a physical examination.

Hope I answered your query.

Please do let me know, if there are any other concerns.