Have small movable lump under collarbone. Should I be concerned?

I have a small (smaller than dime) movable lump under right right collarbone close to where the collarbone meets the sternum. It's been there a few months now with no changes in size. No accompanying pain.

I had full physical a year ago with all results coming back normal then. I have not been to a doctor since I noticed it.

Bit of hypochondriac and not sure if Im just paranoid or if this needs attention.
Posted Thu, 21 Mar 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Welcome to healthcare magic!
The movable lump in this area is most likely a lipoma.
Lipomas are universal in occurrence and are innocuous collection of fats with no long term clinical significance.
They can occur in almost any part of body and as a rule are soft, movable, painless and can remain static in size or decrease/increase with time at a very slow pace.
You do not need an urgent consult, when you happen to go for a routine check up, have it examined by your physician just to be double sure.
I hope you would get benefited with my advise.
Wish you a good health.