Have small movable lump that pops over center of collar bone. Is it lymph node?

Dec 2012

I have a small moveable lump that's pops over centre of left collar bone , is it a lymph node ? been there for over 6 months> thankyou
Posted Wed, 9 Oct 2013 in Lymphoma
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Most likely an enlarged lymph node

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

Usually when you find a swollen oval or round nodule around the collarbone it is usually most often due to lymph node swelling and if chronic, then we need to start investigating the cause as it could be lymphoma, TB lymphadenitis or other condition responsible for lymph node swelling.
But before we jump into that conclusion, it would be appropriate to first of all rule out other soft tissue swellings such as fibroadenoma, lymphoma, nodule which are benign subcutaneous lesions. So a doctor will need to examine that and maybe do biopsy after running some blood tests and X-ray or CT scan.

Hope this helps and wish you the best.
Dr. Nsah
Follow-up: Have small movable lump that pops over center of collar bone. Is it lymph node? 8 minutes later
thank you for reply. I also have another lump near my shoulder which I have had for a year with no change , that's my gp has said is a lipoma . I have also had a firoma removed from right breast . could it then be another lipoma ? its also the side I carry my bag which rubs that's area !
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes it is possible

Detailed Answer:
Well with your previous history of lipoma and fibroma it is possible that you might be having another one of those benign masses.
You need to get a doctor to examine first before we can reach a definitive conclusion.

Dr. Nsah