Have small lump on the side of mouth on jaw. Can touch but cannot see it. Is it benign tumor?

Dec 2012

I have a small lump I can move around on the left side of my mouth on my jaw. I can feel it if I touch it but when I open my mouth, I cannot see it. I do not have this on the right side. im very worried its a bengin tumor that can lead to mouth cancer.
Posted Tue, 30 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 1 hour later

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

Be rest assured that even if it is benign tumor it will not develop into a cancer. Cancer in your age is extremely very rare especially cancers of the outer skin. I believe you are just over reacting.
If I was able to examine the lump, I would be able to determine specially what the lesion is and provide you with the necessary treatment.
If you are so worried about it, it will be best to XXXXXXX up with a Lumps like that usually disappear on their own without requiring treatment or it might be excised if they become a nuisance to your life.

Hope this helps and wish you all the best.

Dr. Nsah