Have small lump on collar bone. Worried for cancer

Good

General Surgeon
Question
I have a small massy lump on right side of collarbone from years.......it never pains as such but pains when pressed......m scared of cancer my age is just 22......plz help me do i have cancer
Posted Sun, 28 Apr 2013 in Cancer

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 41 minutes later
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

You should not worry about the cancer. Such lump is not cancerous for sure. This looks like sebaceus cyst or other benign skin lesion. It hurts when pressing as it is filled with some kind of pus. It can be compared to large pimple.
If you are able to do that by your own, try to puncture it with needle and press it to evacuate the pus. Otherwise, you should see a surgeon and have it incised and evacuated.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.

Follow-up: Have small lump on collar bone. Worried for cancer 5 minutes later
but today i m feeling bit headache as well due to the pain it generated due to excessive pressing.......r u confirm enough that it is not cancerous

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 4 minutes later
Cancer in this area would not give headache. It sound hardly possible. Only cancer in this area could be a skin cancer (lungs cancer does not spread in such way, lymph nodes are higher in the very close neighborhood to collarbone) but this really does not look like any cancer. So I`m quite sure this is not cancerous. Try to puncture it and you will see.

Regards.

Follow-up: Have small lump on collar bone. Worried for cancer 2 minutes later
so there is no possibility of Lymphoma as well.....If not punctured what will be the consequences......Is der any danger or threat

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 8 minutes later
No, this really does not look like lymphoma as well. Lymphoma would give enlarged lymph nodes and this for sure is not a lymph node.
If left alone, it can get infected and turn into an abscess. It wont be XXXXXXX for you, but it will give many pain that is why its better to do not have it.

Hope this will help.
Regards.