Have small hole in the roof of mouth. Food is trapped and causes bad breathe. What is it?

I have a small hole in the roof of my mouth , food is getting trapped there and I have bad breath because of it , like a metallic taste , is there a recommended way to clean it .. I have been to dentist recently and she said my teeth and gums were fine .. She has made some moulds for some teeth whitening but nothing else
Posted Fri, 13 Dec 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Brief have to get the surgical closure done as there is no way to clean it. Detailed answer... Hello, Thanks for the query. There could be many reasons for such a hole in the roof of the mouth like due to some local infection,use of tobacco,use of cocaine etc. Since roof of the mouth is the floor of the sinus cavity,the hole there results in connection of mouth cavity with sinus which may result in repeated infection of sinus. You should consult a ENT surgeon and get it closed surgically because it can not be cleaned effectively and also it can get bigger with time. I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query. Best of luck Thanks
Follow-up: Have small hole in the roof of mouth. Food is trapped and causes bad breathe. What is it? 30 minutes later
Ok thanks .. I did used to use cocaine when i was younger but not alot .. Had about a year of evey other weekend so that freaks me out a bit .. Had a palet brace for years too so that probably hasnt helped .. Dont smoke any more or take any drugs .. I work out 3 times a week and eat mostly organic food , do u know how much it would cost ? I am registerd at an address in the uk so maybe could get done on NHS . Thanks for your help
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 9 minutes later
Hello, There is nothing to get stressed about it,as it can be done easily and safely. As far as expenses are concerned,they vary from place to place and centre to centre. You have to consult the doctor locally to know about the exact expenses. Thanks