Have small hematoma on head. Getting on and off pain and feeling weak. Should I go for doctor's advice?

Question
My doctor told me a have a small hematoma on the side of my head. I bruise very easily . It has been a week and the pain comes and goes. Should I contact my doctor again.
Thank you
Posted Tue, 24 Jul 2012 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 24 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query.
If the hematoma is small and if there is no redness and tenderness on the hematoma or if no fever is there,then you should not worry as this hematoma will gradually be absorbed by the body.
You may take some ibuprofen 400 mg three times a day for 3 to 4 days.
If this hematoma gets bigger or gets infected,then you might have to go to doctor for the drainage,otherwise nothing is to be done.
I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any other query.
Best of luck.
Thanks

Follow-up: Have small hematoma on head. Getting on and off pain and feeling weak. Should I go for doctor's advice? 27 minutes later
Thanks for your response. It is sore but not red and I have a headache that comes and goes in that area, Is that OK?

Thank You!!!!

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 9 hours later
Hello
The headache will subside once hematoma subsides.
Till then take ibuprofen whenever required.
Thanks