Have small hard bump on labia majora. What could it be?

Mar 2016

I have a small hard bump on my labia majora. What could it be?
Posted Sun, 4 Aug 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. S Patra 2 hours later

Thanks for writing to us on Healthcare Magic.

Small hard bump on labia majora may be caused by infected hair follicle (mostly after shaving), sebaceous or ganglion cyst, bacterial infection, soft tissue growth etc.

It can't be confirmed from the web without proper clinical view. Therefore, I suggest you to consult with your gynecologist for clinical examination including regional lymph node assessment to confirm the diagnosis. STD is also to be ruled out if you are sexually active.

Proper treatment can only be given on the basis of diagnosis. You may require antibacterial ointment and local hot compression to treat the condition. Other supportive treatment is also advisable.

In addition, you would maintain genital hygiene properly and wear loose fitting underwear (cotton). Do not scratch the area or wipe out. Avoid using chemical substances (soap/ detergent) around genital area.

Hope, it is quite helpful for your information. If you need any clarification, you can freely ask me.

Wish your good health and take care yourself.

Dr Soumen