Have small, hard and immovable wart on tonsil. Should I be concerned?

I have what looks like a small wart on my right tonsil, it is hard and immovable. It is not the tonsil cheese that I usually see but stationary. What could it be? Should I be alarmed?
Posted Tue, 13 Nov 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 3 hours later

I appreciate your observation and concern. I would appreciate to know the following about the "wart" that you noticed:
1. What is the colour?
2. What is the size?
3. How long it has been there?
4. Is it increasing in size?

I would suggest that you get yourself examined by a doctor who may try to scrape it out and get it examined. If it is hard as you suggest then he would like to do a more detailed examination of the surrounding structures and take a decision.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfacion? Please feel free to revert back in case you need any clarifications or would like to share more information about the condition.

Wishing you all the best..