Have small bumps on top of head. Hurts when pressed. Cause due to oily scalp and dandruff?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hi,I have 2 sort of lumps or small bumps on the top of my head and one is abit smaller,Iam just wondering what it might be.When I press on it,it doesn't seem to hurt,which must be a good thing then.I researched online to see what it might be,now,on this webpage I was reading up on this and it said the bumps may be an irritation cause of dry oily scalp & Dandruff.I kept saying,it must be skin Cancer,cause I was kind of worried if it was.
Posted Thu, 26 Sep 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is less likely to be due to cancer.

Detailed Answer:
The lumps that you have felt on the head could be due to many causes like folliculitis, sebaceous cyst, lipoma, osteoma, fibroma, dandruff, etc. The possibility of cancer comes last in the list of probable diagnosis.
However a direct examination of the lump is an integral part of diagnosis. It is best to get it examined from your physician for a proper treatment. Any cancer can be ruled out after FNAC of the lump.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Have small bumps on top of head. Hurts when pressed. Cause due to oily scalp and dandruff? 23 minutes later
Okay,thank's!! actually,that's what the one description said on the article that I was looking at,it said something about it might be folliculitis,that's the one word that I remember from their writeup on these bumps.I thought I might've hit my head at one time that made those bumps,but,probably not.My parents actually said that it's not going to be cancer cause the bumps would've been alot more serious & painful in the skin,so,that really confirms what you've told me Dr. XXXXXXX & what my parents said.Another question I have to ask you,it's top priority.Every Summer,right at the side of both my feet where there's the bone structure,at the ankle,I seem to get red rashes one on each foot & when I scratch them,it's cause the're itchy at first,then after they turn sore & cause a burning sensation,I can actually see that the veins are in the same spot as the itchiness & soreness.I don't know if it's because my skin is really touchy & it's sensitive,I wear socks & steel toed shoes to work & I used to have boots where it would actually be sweaty & it would rub against the boot & my socks.It's not as bad right now cause I've got steel toed shoes that are not as high up on my ankles.I've been puzzled to know what these sores are.I'd appreciate it if you could help me with this.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Seems to be due to a fungal infection.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing again.
The sores on the ankles are likely to be due to fungal infection in the area due to sweat. Using an over the counter clotrimazole dusting powder and a topical antiseptic cream like Neosporin will help in reducing these lesions.
Hope my answer is helpful.
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health.