Have small bumps on penis clustered together. Are they genital warts ?

I don' know what they are but I have small bumps on my penis, theres three of them and they're clustered together. I'm afraid they are genital warts but I've had safe sex except for with my last partner and that was over 2 years ago.
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 31 minutes later
Hello and thanks for query,

I understand your concern and will try my best to help you.
I will be able to understand the picture better if you could provide me with some additional details like:
- Since when are you having it?
- Have they grown in size or number since then?
- Are they painful or painless?
- Is there any discharge from penis?
- Is the surface of bumps moist or dry?
- Is the surface of bumps flat or cauliflower shaped?
- Are there any other bumps on scrotum or near anus?

I wish you to send me a good quality picture of the bumps. We have a feature to upload reports/pictures here on this webpage. I will be able to address your query better after receiving the pictures and the details I requested.

Awaiting your response

Follow-up: Have small bumps on penis clustered together. Are they genital warts ? 11 hours later
I'm not sure if i can get a good picture of them since they're pretty small and hard to spot in all the pictures I try to take. Now to answer your questions I've had them for about three months or so. No they stay the same size and are painless. No discharge from my penis. Kinda hard to see the shape since they're so small but they have a rounder top and kinda clustered together. No bumps on the anus or scrotum
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 hours later
Your description of bumps fits into a probable diagnosis of FORDYCE SPOTS which are very small 1 to 2 mm sized Raised,red or white painless bumps.
These are ectopic sebaceous glands and are found in Connection with hair follicles and are not Infectious.
It is believed that since they are of normal physiological appearance,they do not require any treatment.
However people do get Co2 laser or electrodessication done but just for cosmetic reasons.