Have small bump with blister on shaft of penis. Having troubled urination. No allergies. Lost libido. What to do?

Dec 2013

hello, I have a small bump on the top shaft of my penis, just below the head.
I have had it for 3 weeks now.
I have no trouble urinating, it doesn't sting.
All of my sex is protected.
For the first couple of days there was a bit of a sting when I touched it, it doesn't seem to do that now.
It has not formed into a blister.
Could this be hsv?
I have had a bad flu for the last 2 weeks and I have seem to lost some of my libido.
I am starting to feel better now but the loss of libido is worrying.
I have no allergies and am in good health.
Thank you
Posted Wed, 26 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 39 minutes later

Welcome and thanks for posting your query to XXXXXXX

Myself Dr S K Kanodia and will try to provide you the best of information regarding your query.

I can understand the stress of the bumps over the penis.

Let me first reassure you that your skin problem is not at all herpes or any HSV related skin problem.

To tell you regarding herpes- it manifests as multiple fluid filled vesicles at the genital area anywhere around the penile area. These remains for one day only and then burst up. Once these are bursting up, these form ulcers of superficial nature and then form scabs to heal in next 5-7 days. The whole of event finishes in 5-7 days. There is a feeling of burning and pain with lot of irritation depending on the ulcers. So you can probably get that the perception of your do not match up with any herpes.

Now to tell you regarding your problem it appears to be two conditions of the situation:

1. Over growth of the hair root or oil gland: Due to blockage of the pore at the local site the oil gland and the root becomes slightly enlarged. This area has thinnest skin so this become s quite prominent. It can occur in anybody without any history of unprotected sexual intercourse.

2. Mollucum contagiousum: This is a viral infection caused by viral infection which manifest itself as small bead like bump. It is appears as a small pearl like structure when fully formed. It occur mainly if there is any history of unprotected sexual intercourse in past.

For both of the conditions, you should not be worried about same. Both the conditions are very well treatable. The first condition can be treated with simple antibiotics and the second condition by simple removal method of two minutes.
You can XXXXXXX a dermatologist who can best guide you for the problem and treat it accordingly.

In between kindly do not pinch, pop, scratch or squeeze the area. Do not even try to touch the area frequently as it can lead to infection in this part and further spread.

Hope these informations will help you. If you have further queries I will be happy to help.

"Wish you good health and early recovery from the problem"

Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia
MD (Dermatology & Sexually Transmitted Diseases)