Have small bump under foot. Hurts to touch. Is there any damage in nerve?

I have a small bump under my foot and the middle of it is a bit red and when i press on it it hurts... But a week ago i walked on gravel for 2 minutes and it hurt my feet... So i'm wondering if i might damage a nerve or something can you help me.
Posted Wed, 8 Aug 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Ranjeet Jagdale 2 hours later

It looks like you have an inflammation there, possibly developed after the incident (walking on gravel) a week ago.

If possible get an Ultrasound (USG) of the same region; this will tell us whether there is any pus collection which needs to be drained or if there is just inflammation. We can also know the plain of involved tissue - whether it is limited superficially or XXXXXXX down in the muscles.

Nerve thickening or involvement also can be made out on USG of foot.

In the meanwhile, wear soft shoes. Warm compresses over the affected areas along with anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen twice a day will take care of the pain.

Hope this helps you. Let me know if you have any further inquiries.

Best Regards