Have small bump on feet under skin. Painful when pressed. Cause?

I have a small bump on my feet skin. It is not visible outside skin color is normal. But pains when i press it or whenever the pressure falls on it. This is not one of the pressure point too for to have a corn. Please advice.
Posted Mon, 7 Oct 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
2 - 3 possibilities here

Detailed Answer:

I have read your query with diligence.

Corns need not necessarily occur on the pressure points of foot.

This small bump could be thickened skin, or it can be a retained foreign body inside your foot, or just a benign subcutaneous swelling in the region.

Wear soft, comfortable sandals. Try not to put pressure on the area. Apply ice packs locally twice daily to the affected area.

If it is corn, then corn caps would help.

However, it would be ideal to get it checked from your abscess and infection later on.

Hope this helps you. Get well soon.

Follow-up: Have small bump on feet under skin. Painful when pressed. Cause? 3 minutes later
Thank you Doctor.
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 38 hours later
Brief Answer:
pleasure is mine

Detailed Answer:

Thank you too. You are welcome to write to me anytime.

Wish you good health.