Have small bump on back. No pain when squeezed. Should I worry?

I have a small bump on my back. Its bren there now for about 4-6months. Doesnt pain when i squeeze at all. Should i be worried?
Posted Fri, 27 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Guru 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You need not have to worry

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for consulting HealthCareMagic!

Based on the clinical description you have given and on the picture attached, I guess that it may be a lipoma, which is a harmless tumor composed of body fat. However, other possibilities like Sebaceous cyst, Dermoid cyst etc have to be excluded for which physical examination is needed since feeling of bump with hand by a physician gives more idea about it's consistency and nature.

If it is confirmed as lipoma, then usually no treatment is required unless the growth is very large, painful etc. Usually treated for cosmetic reasons and is done by simple excision by a general surgeon.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further. If you are satisfied please proceed with closing and rating this answer.

Wish you a good health!